In this context, this conference organized by ESA will explore the emerging challenges and opportunities faced by the EO scientific community to respond to this new paradigm of Science 2.0. The conference will also present how ESA is facilitating the exploitation of EO data in a collaborative, cross-disciplinary, and open way, to make the most of the large volume of complex and diverse data delivered by the new generation of EO missions and in particular the Sentinels. EO Science 2.0 offers an enormous potential for researchers to share knowledge, access and make use of EO data in a global network of communities.
In particular, the main objectives of this first EO Science 2.0 conference are:
- Gather and foster the emerging EO Science 2.0 scientific community,
- Provide a forum for scientists and value-adding players to present activities relevant to the EO Science 2.0 themes,
- Provide a forum for international exchange on EO Science 2.0, and for scientists to formulate community recommendations,
- Present large-scale international initiatives in the domain of EO Science 2.0,
- Consult scientists to prepare future ESA scientific Exploitation Elements activities supporting EO Science 2.0.