This conference addresses a variety of topics related to the new paradigm of doing and organizing EO science driven by the digital revolution. As such this conference will provide you an unique opportunity to:
- Get information about state-of-the-art practices in EO science 2.0, the enabling tools and e-infrastructure, the associated scientific and market opportunities, new ways of communicating and using data, and the emergence of a new class of data scientists,
- Highlight your work in the EO field and use of enabling ICT infrastructure to a wider multidisciplinary community,
- Influence the development of the future EO science exploitation programmes of ESA.
1. A new era for Open Science and Earth Observation,
Session A - Addressing new Challenges & Opportunities of EO Science 2.0 (Day 1)
2. Open Innovation and the growing Data Economy
- Open Data, Free and Open Source Software, Toolboxes, Data-Intensive and Replicable Science
- Digital Market Place, EO App Store, Data Challenge Participatory Platforms, Data Entrepreneurs, EO Information as a Service, Future Internet and Web of Data,
Session B - Engaging with and across new Communities and the Public (Day 2)
1. Citizen Science
2. Earth Science Virtual Research Environment
- Crowdsourcing, Voluntary Geographical Information, Collaborative Mapping and Ground Truthing, Co-design of Scientific Knowledge, Harnessing Cognitive Surplus through Micro-Tasking.
- Collaborative e-Infrastructure, Super Site Virtual Lab, Thematic Exploitation Platforms, Data-intensive analytics and machine learning, Linked Data, Workflows and APIs, Persistent Data Identifiers, Semantic Web.
Session C - Education and Communication 2.0 (Day 3)
1. Scientific Communication and Visualisation
- 4D / Immersive Visualisation, Science Blogs, Gamification, Executable Paper (iPython), Data Citation, Alternative Scientific Digital Reputation,
2. Training a new generation of Data Scientist
- Massive Open Online Courses, Digital Story Telling / Narratives, Tomorrow’s Classrooms, App camps, Hackhathons, Datacy (Data Literacy),
Please indicate for which session you submit your abstract e.g. A1, B2, …