The Symposium will focus on how challenges related to security of Big Data - access, analysis, capture, data management and integration, search, sharing, storage, transfer, visualisation, querying, updating - impact the activities and security of international and national organisations.
The Symposium will address among others the following challenges:
- What difficulties are encountered by these international and national organisations that generate large amounts of data and knowledge?
- How to secure the organisation and its customers’ information in a Big Data context?
- Are the current methods of sharing and protecting information, adapted to potential emerging threats?
- Which new threats are we facing?
- How shall information ownership be addressed and information classification be enhanced?
- What measures should be taken to ensure authenticity, availability, integrity of data in order to establish trust amongst the users on the source and accuracy of such data?
- What measures should be taken to ensure confidentiality and non-repudiation of large amounts of data?
- How and to which extent can institutions establish policies and regulations? What are the requirements for an effective and secure data management policy?
- Which are the most effective Big Data techniques to analyse, and even predict, security incidents?
- Are the tools available to create, capture from various sources, manage, maintain integrate and process data with the capacity to add value to the data within a given time frame?
The Symposium will be articulated through a first plenary session to introduce the issues at stake and challenges and will then proceed with five thematic sessions.
Based on the proposed Draft Symposium Agenda, speakers are invited to propose their abstracts by end of October 2016.
In addition, industrial partners are invited to present their products and solutions which will be given visibility in a dedicated room. Abstracts are also welcome for the sessions of 14/2/17.
In order to submit the abstract please proceed first with the Registration.
Once the selection of speakers will be made, the final Agenda will be published by mid-December 2016.
Please click here to read the article on the ESA Website.